Overview: Besieged sector falls into anarchy
Yes: Intersellar starfaring civilizations are not rare, an ork emperor, Halo devices, extremely aggressive Dark Eldar presence, AI presence, space krakens, an “Eldar captain Ahab”, human space gypsies, Planet of the Blanks
No: Squats, full-scale invasions by Tyrannids/Necrons/other unstoppable forces
Human Culture Begins to Bloom
(during Dark Age of Technology, ca. M20)
- On an archaeological expedition to the Ghost Stars, Rayna Karnelian discovers the Circlet of Eternity and is inspired to build a ringworld.
- Rayna Karnelian designs the shipyards for the planned human ringworld and does basic research leading to the design of the Anima Enigma
- Rayna Karnelian discovers a working cloning facility and humanity begins to spread throughout the sector.
- Humans build a ringworld
- Battlecruiser Anima Enigma built on the ringworld
- Anima Enigma crashes through the ringworld
- Scene: Why did the ship’s chief engineer fall to Malal? (On the bridge of the just-finished Anima Enigma) After the ship’s controls were sabotaged by the engineer’s brother/rival, he attempted to engage the warp drive to avoid a collision with the ring and, in the process, was directly exposed to the warp core.
- Rioting in the wake of the Anima Enigma disaster claims the lives of 90% of the ringworld’s population and 5% of the sector’s total human population.
- Anima Enigma is repaired and recommissioned as a bulk trader
- Crushed by the loss of his wife and children in the Anima Enigma disaster, Admiral Dominus of the Fifth Fleet falls to Malal, kickstarting the Malal Crusade
- Sector capitol world falls to the Assembly of Pure Thought
- Rayna Karnelian swears vengeance on humanity for the destruction of her masterpiece ringworld
- In a desperate attempt to halt the Malal Crusade, a group of heroes attempt to destroy the Circlet of Eternity by throwing it into a neutron star
- An Eldar witch-lord, Vanhiel Hellsinger, creates a black cube which will kill any human who touches it
- A human feudal world devotes itself to the worship of Malal, despite being unaware of the Crusade, and exiles Connor MacLeod
- The Endless Swarm harvests what remains of the ringworld’s biomass
The Forsaken Tempest
(during Age of Strife, M25-M30)
- Orks arrive in sector on a massive rokk
- Anima Enigma is lost in the Warp
- The loss of the Anima Enigma is followed by famine on many human worlds
- Eldar forces and the Assembly of Pure Thought dominate the sector, as others cannot reliably travel through the Warp
- The Eldar Craftworld Dolarien breaks apart in the Warp as it attempts to escape from the Eye of Terror. Fragments of the doomed Craftworld emerge from the Warp and are scattered across the sector.
The Great Ork Waaagh Emprah
- Snikgit Grimdaka finds an ancient golden crown in the heart of a neutron star
- Orks imitate humans by calling their leader the “Emprah”
- Warboss Snikgit Grimdaka begins Waaagh Grimdaka
- The Assembly of Pure Thought is eliminated from the sector by ork forces
- Scene: How do the Dark Eldar convince the orks to ally with them against the Assembly of Pure Thought? (Archon Malaise Malice Duskblade visiting warboss Snikgit Grimdaka aboard the ork flagship, Footstompa) Duskblade drew the orks in with promises of good fights against Malal’s followers, followed by even better fights against the Dark Eldar, and sealed the deal with the gift of a Really Big Shoota.
- Warboss Snikgit Grimdaka crowns himself as the first Emprah
- Emprah Snikgit Grimdaka killed in a Dark Eldar raid
- Dark Eldar create a colony of Blank slaves on the world of Parion
- Ork Emprah finds the Anima Enigma and claims it as his flagship
- Anima Enigma serves as a transport for ork forces, then is rescued by human rebels
- Dark Eldar treachery allows Sigmar, the leader of the human rebellion, onto the Anima Enigma
- Scene: How did the ork Emprah die? (At the helm of the Anima Enigma during a raging battle) While in single combat with Sigmar, the Emprah’s claw became entangled with Sigmar’s weapon, then Sigmar leapt into the void, dragging the Empra with him as they both fell into a gas giant. (Note: At this time, Sigmar was bonded to the Circlet of Eternity in the form of a golden bracer covering his right forearm.)
- A kraken finds the Circlet of Eternity in the gas giant and devours it. The Circlet’s influence turns the kraken white.
- Sigmar‘s son uses the Anima Enigma to destroy the ork Emprah’s capitol world, but the main ork force has already left before his arrival.
- Human uprising ends the Age of Ork Dominion
- Huge Dark Eldar raiding fleet arrives in search of an artifact of terrible power
- Captain Ahabriel of the Craftworld Eldar arrives to tame the Kraken and use them to wipe the Dark Eldar from the sector. He eventually loses his left eye to a White Kraken and dedicates himself to revenge.
- Renegade human and Eldar psykers join forces to create the Throne of Terror as a weapon to defeat the Dark Eldar in the sector. This device magnifies the user’s psy power a hundredfold, but burns out his body, leaving it a shriveled husk.
- Upon finding an artifact, a large segment of the Dark Eldar force disappears.
- The remains of the Dark Eldar force attempt to destroy the Throne of Terror, but only succeed in damaging it.
- An Eldar strike force attempts to recover an ancient Eldar sword from a now-human-controlled world, but fails
- Researchers on Parion develop an inertialess drive and attempt to use it to explore the galaxy, but the attempt ends horribly and none of the explorers survive
- The Endless Swarm encounters a expeditionary tendril from a Tyrannid hive fleet and devour it completely
- The Democratic Republic of the Planet Korrion starts a brutal civil war, which quickly draws neighboring systems into the conflict
- The demon prince Doomrider scourges the sector while seeking the ultimate Eldar motorcycle, Zephyrus, but fails to find it
The War of 100 Kings
(began late M36, about the time of the Age of Apostasy)
- An artifact of terrible power is discovered
- Vlad Tepes shapeshifts into the form of President Demetrius of Korrion
- Scene: How did Vlad Tepes convince the representatives of the people that his blood farms are for their own good? (At a conference table in the President’s Royal Tower) By killing the religious representative and appeasing Sabruk, the chairman of the environmental review board, by building a skull altar to Khorne
- President Demetrius/Vlad Tepes crowns himself king of the Democratic Republic of the Planet Korrion and joins the War of 100 Kings
- The Anima Enigma fights in the largest battles of the war
- Captain Lenneth Belleator of the Anima Enigma is assassinated by his navigator
- The Anima Enigma emerges from the Warp under the control of the Sons of Malice and massacres a world
- Sons of Malice fly the Anima Enigma and the last remnants of the Fifth Fleet into a star as a sacrifice to Malal
- Anima Enigma emerges from the Warp carrying a fresh complement of the Sons of Malice
- The Sons of Malice find a black cube floating in a Dark Eldar debris field
- While trying to retrofit the black cube onto the Anima Enigma, the Sons of Malice set off a booby trap and destroy the ship
- The crew of the Anima Enigma extract the Circlet of Eternity from the White Kraken